limiting on "poultry"!

stumble_n_mumble

Songster
11 Years
Nov 23, 2008
Long Island, NY
i live on long island ny within the limits of the town of brookhaven. there limit for "poultry" items is 6! i still can't get over the fact that they limit the birds! it makes me crazy! plus i can't have any roosters and i would love to start a breeding colony of silkies! it makes me so aggravated. we pay the town taxes why can't we have some chickens and ducks! anyone know how i can change these rules??? THANKS!

change the town you live in. Pay taxes where you like the rules? A couple years ago they outlawed roosters in my city. I now have to keep my birds in another town, fifteen minute drive from here. In a truck that gets 7 mpg, that sorta adds quite a bit to the cost of doing chickens, lemme tell you!
hmm.png

Quote:
Hmm, 6 "poultry," 8 dogs. Maybe they should limit animals by weight. As in "you are allowed up to XXX lb of animals. That might be 1000 gerbils or 3 great danes or 30 "poultry."
lau.gif
Anyways, that would be a novel approach.

sounds pretty good to me! lol it doesnt make sense lets have someone have 8 fighting pit bulls (which is all too common here) but not let anyone have more that 6 nasty poultry!

Back
Top Bottom