Limping but no sores

Jkuhn12790

Chirping
Jul 14, 2022
Hiall! I hope I'm posting this in the right area. I have a 5 month old silver laced wyandotte that started limping out of no where. I immediately checked for bumble foot and other noticeable sores and there is nothing. She will walk but with a limp and most times her foot curls under her. Other times she'll take a quick step and limp and stand on her good leg. I've separated her since my roo wants to do his rooster thing and a couple of girls have picked on her. She's eating, drinking, and pooping normally but she is smaller than the other girls now. It isn't a slipped tendon (I'm very familiar with those)and she has no other symptoms other than just laying down most of the day. I've tried poultry cell, selenium, vitamin b, salt bath soaks, and a couple of other things. She will let me rub her leg but if I rub her good leg she pulls away from me. It's almost like it's way up on her hip area (if chickens have hips). Her toes don't stay curled either. It just curls under bc she can't lift her leg high enough to keep it from dragging. I'm hoping my video attaches correctly.

It may not be a slipped tendon but it sounds like a sprained or strained ligament or tendon, possibly caused by hopping down from a high roost or other high objects.
Here's a link for you to read, I've dealt with these types of injuries:
Please see post #4.
https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/limping-chicken.1243650/
Thank you so much. Others have recommended a splint. Would you do this as well? If so, how would I make one for her

Back
Top Bottom