Limping, not putting weight on foot

Do you have anything like GroGel or electrolytes in the brooder that might stain the feathers green? Anything green at all in the brooder or what she may have laid down on? Looks more like a dye or stain than anything else.

As for the foot. See all the tiny scabs on the sore foot that are like blisters? Likely these are painful and the reason why she is not putting a lot of weight on that foot.
This is like a foot pad dermatitis or burns from getting poop stuck on the feet and the feet being damp.
Keep your brooder dry. Clean up spilled water.
I'd soak her foot in a warm Epsom salts bath daily, if the foot is soiled, gently just wash it off, don't scrub it or pick at the scabs. Once your done with the soaking. Dry the feet very well and apply a very thin layer of triple antibiotic ointment to just those little scabby places.

Poultry vitamins would be good to give for a week as well. Poultry Cell is a good choice. Give her 3 drops orally once a day for a week.

I have the Sav a chick electrolytes and probiotics in one of their waters, but she’s the only chick with green. No really soiled pine shavings and I stir up daily and clean out a few times a week.
But I will go out tomorrow and get some epsom salt and vitamins for her. Luckily she is still getting around and can get to her food and water but whatever I can do to help her not be in pain anymore. Thank you!

Back
Top Bottom