Link for local chicken laws

I checked, mine isnt on there.
hmm.png

This is my no means a full list. If you are in city limits, check out your city hall website, otherwise it's usually the county that has jurisdiction, you might find it on their website. For example, here's ours:
http://www.co.douglas.mn.us/Land&Resource.htm

Our "zoning" office is called Land and Resource Management. Somethimes it's Environmental Services or just Zoning.

i found it easiest just to google search your city ordinances you live in ....IE: google search salem,ohio city ordinances.

I found my county easy enough. There ain't nothing about no chickens on there though. Dead or neglected animals are there but nothing about farm animals or chicken raising.
With all the fancy houses they are building at the end of my road I declare the Grandfather clause! I was here first, dag nab it!
Knowing my county, they'll come up with a way to tax me for my chicken tractors. Make me get insurance and a tag on them or something. Geez!
th.gif

I FOUND VENICE FL ON MUNICODE ALL IT SAID WAS NO DOMESTIC FOWL, DOGS, OR LIVESTOCK CAN BE AT LARGE IN CITY LIMITS AND NO KEEPING OR HARBORING HOGS IN CITY LIMITS SO IM HOPING IM GOOD I JUST WANT 3 OR 4 CHICKENS FOR EGGS

Very good information! Thank you! I learned that if my chickens stray into someone else's yard I can be fined $250!!!
ep.gif
I guess I better make sure these chickens stay at home.
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom