Liquid amoxicilin script dosage

LaylaJane

Songster
Mar 7, 2023
Southern North Carolina
So I have 2 chicks in quarantine with minimal sneezing and clear diarhea. I spoke to my vet (absolutely awesome woman, don't get me wrong), however, she prescribed a liquid amoxicilin for it @ .015 ml but when I went to pick it up, they had no method of measure on hand..... I have no idea what .015 looks like!! Can anyone suggest an equivalant measure? I know what I mean to say, but I'm a little frazzled, like my own kids are ill :( Thank you in andvance to anyone with any advice

I'd get a 1ml or 1cc syringe and go from there.
syringe.jpg

What is the dosage in the product you have? Is it 50mg per ml? I wonder if your vet realizes that chickens need a larger dosage than say a dog or cat? How old and how much do they weigh? When dosing less than 1 ml, it is best to get a 1 ml needle-less syringe free from a pharmacy or Walmart. Note on this product pictured, the dropper included goes as low as 0.25 ml. So 0.15 would be just more than half of 0.25 ml.
https://www.chewy.com/amoxi-drop-am...RcSRSt3iQJf7WoVU9vMlkzfA44isRw9BoCPisQAvD_BwE

But most chickens need about 25 mg per pound twice a day. If they weigh a pound, that would be 0.50 ml of the product shown. If they weigh about 4 ounces ( 1/4 pound) the amount the vet prescribed is fine.

Back
Top Bottom