Little Giant Circulated Air with Egg Turner temp distribution

I'm curious if anyone viewing can comment on success rates and observations with the circulated air Little Giant?
i havea LG9200 I have used for around 20 years Mine. Is still air I hand turn eggs 3 times a day. And move them around in bator once a day. I have in the 85 or above range most hatches . last hatch 41 out of 48 hatched .But when I checked the 7 eggs left.I only had one that could have others had quit early on ..

Happy to hear I am not seriously confused about this subject. I think I will modify them with some small IC fans to get better circulation and perform the same mod you did to the probe. I have a couple flexible wire thermocouple wires and I notice the plastic sheet drastically effects the eggs on either side depending on how its placed. I can have an egg at the furthest end of the sheet sit at 103 for and hour and just 3 inches to the left on the side of the sheet have the top of an egg at 96. I think just the slight angle of the sheet directs the airflow of the weak fan.

I am very worried now about the high humidity, I raised mine to 85% from 45% for the first 18 days. Last year I had about 5 fully formed chicks die and I was afraid my humidity was too high the last days. I guess I will see starting tomorrow. - Maybe tonight when I get home.

So moving them around the incubator was one thought I had the first 18 days, not sure if this would help or hurt. Like if an egg averaged 101 for five days and then I moved it and it averaged 97 for 5 days and so on would that increase my hatch vs some at 101 for 18 days and 97 for 18 days.

So moving them around the incubator was one thought I had the first 18 days, not sure if this would help or hurt.  Like if an egg averaged 101 for five days and then I moved it and it averaged 97 for 5 days and so on would that increase my hatch vs some at 101 for 18 days and 97 for 18 days.  
I move mine every morning .But I turn by hand I like that better than turner .And I can get more eggs in without turner.But you humity is way high .I do not add water unless mine drops below 30 percent for fist 18 day and try to keep it under 40 .Then at lockdown I raise mine to between 60 and 75 till hatch is done .

Last night we put incubator 2 on lockdown and out of 41 eggs only 10 have chicks inside and they are basically all the eggs in the center of the incubator. I am guessing its because the first row averages 96.5 and the top row 101.5 and the sides vary. I am definitely going to install an additional fan and maybe entertain not using the egg turner.

Last night we put incubator 2 on lockdown and out of 41 eggs only 10 have chicks inside and they are basically all the eggs in the center of the incubator.  I am guessing its because the first row averages 96.5 and the top row 101.5 and the sides vary.  I am definitely going to install an additional fan and maybe entertain not using the egg turner.
Try hand turning and move around once a day and turn 3 times a day . Are the other eggs quiters .The now now looks like it may be 100 percent .for me

Back
Top Bottom