Long Island Ny Laws On Chickens????

5.5.16 does not seem to apply. no printed mention of "chicken". Years ago we all had them, I now live ( if you could call it that ) in Texas. Lived first 21 in Malverne - Drake st. and Mastic Beach ( summers ) Love L.I. Paul
L.I. Paul: Frankly, the mentions of "farm animals" and "fowl" in Sec. 5.5.16 suggests you cannot raise chickens in TOB without a special use permit. LenFeld

I found this, did they change it?

Added 8-28-1967; amended 4-17-1978 by L.L. No. 9-1978]
A.
It shall be unlawful for any person, firm, corporation or other entity within the Village limits to keep, harbor or maintain any live poultry or fowl, including but not limited to chickens, ducks and geese, except that not more than two poultry or fowl may be kept as household pets.

B.
Notwithstanding the provisions of Subsection A hereof, it shall be unlawful for any person within the Village limits to keep, harbor or maintain any live rooster.
Which town is this For? I'm in TOBY and I haven't seen it

I'd really like to see about changing that law if there are other in the town of Oyster bay that would be interested. Never done anything like this before, not even sure where to start

I guess you can have two hens and say they are pets. You can't control them laying eggs
wink.png

Anyone in Nassau County want to get together to fight the Town of Hempstead (or whatever town you are in) law against raising hens??
Hello, I understand that this was written in 2014 and not 2024. I am interested in bringing a change to my town, Valley Stream. I believe that we should have the freedom to keep 3-5 chickens in our backyard. And I want to start a petition.

Back
Top Bottom