Looking for good duck shoes

Ericzahel

Chirping
Nov 21, 2022
Hello everyone, I'm looking for someone that makes or somewhere i can order 2 sets of duck shoes .. I ordered 2 pairs from Walmart and was very dissatisfied,they slip right out of the shoes ,I was going to re stitch them but they still arnt great ! I know party fowl sells them but they are outta the size I need and they arnt doing anymore custom items at this time . Is there anyone that can make them or got a good site I can buy them !! Thanks in advance ☺️

Hello everyone, I'm looking for someone that makes or somewhere i can order 2 sets of duck shoes .. I ordered 2 pairs from Walmart and was very dissatisfied,they slip right out of the shoes ,I was going to re stitch them but they still arnt great ! I know party fowl sells them but they are outta the size I need and they arnt doing anymore custom items at this time . Is there anyone that can make them or got a good site I can buy them !! Thanks in advance ☺️
Why do you need duck shoes?

It is actually easy to make duck booties from the self adhesive bandages.

I have been looking too for our drake pekin that has bumblefeet with no luck. Someone said Esty, but I had no luck there either. I ended up using 1" cohesive bandage and it worked well.

I have been looking too for our drake pekin that has bumblefeet with no luck. Someone said Esty, but I had no luck there either. I ended up using 1" cohesive bandage and it worked well.
That's what I use for bumble feet as well. It does work great. Ducks find it hard to get off to, and it's waterproof.

Why do you need duck shoes?

It is actually easy to make duck booties from the self adhesive bandages.
Hello , I have a girl who had bumblefoot not to long ago which I caught early and treated it , and in doing lots of research I read that once they get it that they are more prone to get it again so I'd rather be safe then sorry ,their feet are delicate and I'd just like tonalso protect their feet when they walk in certian areas that's all .

Hello , I have a girl who had bumblefoot not to long ago which I caught early and treated it , and in doing lots of research I read that once they get it that they are more prone to get it again so I'd rather be safe then sorry ,their feet are delicate and I'd just like tonalso protect their feet when they walk in certian areas that's all .
Oh. Honestly it depends on the bird and living conditions. It is hard to get it again if their area is kept dry and clean.

I am curious where you heard that? I have not heard of any fact like that until now.

None of my bumble birds have gotten it a second time in the last 7 yr, but it might have just been luck.

That being said, it is easy to create your own shoe using self adhesive bandages. They are easy to wash and reusable to.

I just bought a pair of these

Birdy Bootie Protective Waterfowl... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0841KQDR4?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

They are large for my pekin and they are of much higher quality than the yellow foams one i was using. I was actually impressed how much better they were.

While clean and dry is important, other factors also can cause Bumblefoot like a coop being on cement pad, stones in the run, walking across a stone drive daily or a cement/paved driveway, stepping on things like twigs, thorns, or sharp grass in the yard etc. Also heavyweight breeds tend to be more prone. As far as duck boots go I agree with @Miss Lydia CrazyK duck boots are so far the best I have used. I keep 2-3 pairs in every size in my first aid kit because when I have had to use them I changed out everyday and fully sanitize them. Their boots are great for other foot injuries as well highly recommend.

Back
Top Bottom