Looking for hatchery Mottled Cochin Bantam photos...

FoxTrap

In the Brooder
Oct 23, 2015
I am thinking of getting some cochin bantams next spring. Probably blues and mottled. I do not need show quality stock, but want birds with decent type and lot of white mottling.

Does anyone have any pics of mottled cochin bantams from various hatcheries? Like Ideal? McMurray? Thanks in advance.

Out of the cochin bantam chicks I got from Ideal recently I do not think any were mottled. But, some of the black colored chicks were pretty terrible on quality versus some of the white frizzled and the partridge which are super beautiful so far. It's possible I sold some mottled chicks, a few of the blacks I thought had a little white showing on their wings and this was at 3 weeks old. Their leg feathers were pretty sparse though when compared to the white frizzled and the partridge. I did not order any specific color, just got these in a feather leg bantam assortment. I passed a couple of buffs onto my neighbor and they are looking pretty good as is the barred, the reviews I seen on Ideal said the buffs were the worst of their bantam cochins but I actually think the blacks were the worst of the ones I received. The best feathered so far has been the partridge.
Hope this helps a bit until you get more useful info on exactly what you want :)

edit duh! this was a old thread haha. Oh well, maybe someone will find it useful.

Last edited:

Also from MPC last year. One of my favorites. Very friendly and sweet.

Back
Top Bottom