Looking for Self Blue (Lavender) Dutch Bantam Breeder

Neco

Songster
5 Years
Jul 23, 2017
Canterbury, Connecticut
Hi all! I've been going back and fourth between either Dutch Bantams or Old English Game Bantams. I can easily get my hands on the colors I want for OEGBs but I think I'd prefer Dutch Bantam to avoided dubbing for show and to also help a lesser know breed. So I am now looking for a breeder or hatchery either locally or willing to ship to ship to Eastern, CT area so I can get chicks for spring of 2021. The colors I am looking for in order of preference are:
  1. Self Blue
  2. Blue
  3. Silver

Hi all! I've been going back and fourth between either Dutch Bantams or Old English Game Bantams. I can easily get my hands on the colors I want for OEGBs but I think I'd prefer Dutch Bantam to avoided dubbing for show and to also help a lesser know breed. So I am now looking for a breeder or hatchery either locally or willing to ship to ship to Eastern, CT area so I can get chicks for spring of 2021. The colors I am looking for in order of preference are:
  1. Self Blue
  2. Blue
  3. Silver
I wish you the best of luck in your search, but I don't believe Dutch bantams come in Self Blue (lavender) here in the states. I have seen European breeders who have lavender Dutch, but none here in the US unfortunately.

That being said, I know you can definitely get blue and silver, but you may have an easier time finding some on facebook in the Dutch Bantams US group page!

Also, if you are looking to preserve the breed and show birds, I'd advise not getting hatchery stock, go with a breeder who has a solid reputation and proof of quality birds. A lot of breeders also don't sell chicks or eggs, so you may be better off getting adult birds. Also, with adults, you know for sure what you are getting.

Hope this helps!

Back
Top Bottom