Looking for USA bearded silver partridge Silkie eggs in uk please

Kelnobbs

Chirping
Jul 24, 2019
Hi does anyone know of a breeder who sells hatching eggs in the uk? I’m after super fluffy usa type silver partridge silkies to hatch but I can’t find anyone who breeds them pure, everyone I’ve found run a mixed flock so I may not hatch any silver partridge
Thanks 😊

Hi does anyone know of a breeder who sells hatching eggs in the uk? I’m after super fluffy usa type silver partridge silkies to hatch but I can’t find anyone who breeds them pure, everyone I’ve found run a mixed flock so I may not hatch any silver partridge
Thanks 😊
We raise silkies, but I'm not exactly sure if you can breed for a partridge. We have zero partridge chickens, and every hatch of about 12-15 will have a couple in there, sometimes dark partridge and sometimes like what I think you're looking for, silver/black, but they look like little chipmunks when they're chicks. Our silkie rooster is white, and the hens are all black.

Perhaps if you got some new blood in your flock, you could just buy some new genes?

Have you tried eBay UK?

I've purchased eggs on eBay in the U.S. three times very successfully. The hatch rate goes way down due to being shipped. Normally, my hatch rate is 90% and above for my eggs, and I average about 60% for shipped ones.

Here's one similar I think to what you're looking for that we had. He's 3 mos old here. I rehomed him, though, as I bought some fancier ones and rather not continue with the backyard silkies anymore.

Attachments

• male.jpg
    male.jpg
    356 KB · Views: 4

Back
Top Bottom