Lost my first hen to a predator

Pics
I don't care if they go across my property but do if they mess with or kill any of my birds. I do have electric wire around my coops and pens and once a predator touches it, I guarantee they aren't going to test it again. Predators can be eliminated, but once one is, another is surely moving in. I see predators on at least one of my game cameras most nights. We are rural. Our road is a dead end. Predators use is as a highway.

DSCF0002114 01.jpg
DSCF0001tues 03.jpg

If you are planning to catch to release somewhere, beware it is often illegal to release and you may pass the problem on to someone else.
If I trap the cat, I'll call animal control first for them to either pickup or advise me on what my options are. Either shelter or pound. If I trap a wild animal, I will transport it to the Wildlife Center and they will handle the release. Thank you for your concern.

Here it's not illegal but according to the law if I was to release, I'm supposed to get the property owners permission but can't release on state or federal property. We had some people release skunks in our area. I eliminated around a dozen skunks in a short period of time after I talked to a fish & wildlife officer. He told me they were not endangered.

Back
Top Bottom