Loud Chicken

One thing my neighbors did because they had a noisy early riser, was cover the windows with a black colored breathable fabric filter. It made the coop darker but kept the air flow. They let their chickens out at 7, so the noise doesn’t start until later. Maybe that might help if you’re worried?

I just don’t want the neighbors to do something stupid like poison the girls, cuz they being big jerks right now. I used to apologize and give them eggs when they super noisy and bitchy until they became a$$holes.
Did your neighbor move from the city to a rural area? I’ve read about so many city folks complaining about the country animals.

Ugh, having bad neighbors really sucks, i'm sorry. What is her breed? I feel so lucky, my neighbor badgers me to get a Rooster, he WANTS to hear that noise. But he's about 3 acres away from the coop.... And that's the thing, sometimes you need to move to the country to solve the problem of neighbors, period. I got so sick of dealing with all of them that when we looked at our home on 5acres I was worried that it wasn't enough. You can pretty much only hope that they will move, if you don't. Forcing a chicken to be quiet is just not a thing and I'm sure it stresses you out to have to constantly worry about it. Breed dependent, maybe she'll mellow a bit, who knows. My flock of 11 is super noisey.

Back
Top Bottom