Low Temp in Incubator

winterwolf4

Songster
Feb 17, 2023
Oregon
Our Jumbl incubator dropped down to 95 degrees Fahrenheit today. Are the chicks dead? I wrapped a towel around it and unplugged it and plugged it back in, now the grovee thermometer says 98 degrees. 5 hours later.

I agree that it’s unlikely they are dead. If they were being incubated by a hen she would leave the nest each day to eat, drink and poop so they would cool down then. My incubator has a cool down feature which turns the heat off for a set amount of time each day to replicate a hen leaving the nest.m

I agree that it’s unlikely they are dead. If they were being incubated by a hen she would leave the nest each day to eat, drink and poop so they would cool down then. My incubator has a cool down feature which turns the heat off for a set amount of time each day to replicate a hen leaving the nest.m
That is so cool what incubator do you have?

It’s a few years old now but it’s a Brinsea octagon advance EX. Was so worth the money when I purchased it.
4688FCA1-4FC1-4AEE-B8A0-954F1C8E6049.jpeg

I would trust the Govee over the incubator and increase the temperature to 100 on the Govee. No one gave this advice, so hopefully the next person who reads this thread can increase the number of hatching chicks.

Back
Top Bottom