Mabel's World: Thinking Outside the Egg

ksbkeys

Songster
May 26, 2023
Maine

I sent this email to BYC support and they replied to me that I should post it.

Back in 2014 when I first started raising chickens, your site became a wealth of information for me. It was thrilling to find so many people passionate about raising chickens. I fell in love with my chickens and as I began to get to know each one, I realized how unique they are. I am a piano teacher by trade but am also an artist. I began to draw and design a sweet chicken character and one day, after I read a post on this site about a chicken named Mabel, I knew she would be Mabel. She wears green shoes with bows and wears a hat. She does all kinds of things like play the piano, garden, and read books.
This baffles her fellow coop mates Marmalade, Melvina, Sandy, and Beatrice.This has become a 106 page book with full color graphics in a comic strip/graphic novel style. Lots of my experiences raising chickens has come into my book. Everything from them getting into the cabbage patch to someone dropping off a rooster in the middle of the night. The very type of people who would absolutely love and enjoy this book are chicken lovers!

I so want to share this book with everyone on this site as it would bring a smile and joy to many. It is hard to keep quiet about it on this site because it is this very audience it was intended for. I have read your rules about posting things and so do not want to break them.

How do I share about it without telling them about my website where they can see it?

Thank you
Sincerely,
Kim Bean

My kid and I loved the book! Mabel is quite a character!
I am so glad! I would love to get this into the hands of more chicken lovers!!!

I am really excited about book 2...I am hoping to finish it by the Spring or early Summer...I am also happy that Mabel's World is now in 15 bookstores as well as on my website!

Back
Top Bottom