Making sure i do this right!

Mar 3, 2023
So i have 15 4 1/2 week old pullets. ( i hope all pullets) Im waiting till they are 8 weeks old to let them see outside. Temperatures are about 35-55 here right now. In a month it will (should) be 70 or more. Then i will let them be in a fenced in area outside so they can eat grass and interact with big ones through a fence. After two or more weeks after seeing through the fence they can have supervised visits outside. Then after a few weeks or so of visists outside they can meet inside the coop for a few hours per day. Then they can be togther around 3 - 4 months old? Am i going to do this right or do i need a new plan?

(Ps)
My big flock are all different ages. None have shown aggression towards other chickens except for my anceint hen blackberry whos 9. She isnt aggressive she is just the boss.

I would just keep in mind that it doesn't have to be an exact age / date... they will be growing so much that those last weeks in brooder or juvenile pen never seem soon enough.
One day you wake up and they have exploded like popcorn and you're tearing your hair out trying to figure out how to accelerate the move. If you can, have everything in readiness long, long before you think you need it.

Back
Top Bottom