Male to female.ratii

cdouglas33565

Hatching
Nov 28, 2022
I am new to raising guineas. We recently got 10 guineas and 20 chick's and everyone is getting along great. My question is it looks like only 2 of my guineas are female. Will this be a problem.

I am new to raising guineas. We recently got 10 guineas and 20 chick's and everyone is getting along great. My question is it looks like only 2 of my guineas are female. Will this be a problem.
How old are your keets? You cannot sex guineas until they are mature.

It is normal for keets to get along with chicks. Unfortunately this imprinting can cause problems in the future. It causes the guineas to lose the ability to understand that chickens are not guineas. When the first breeding season happens the guineas revert to their instincts. Their behavior is entirely different from any other poultry. They start treating the chickens the same way they treat each other and can cause great stress to the chickens.

How old are your keets? You cannot sex guineas until they are mature.

It is normal for keets to get along with chicks. Unfortunately this imprinting can cause problems in the future. It causes the guineas to lose the ability to understand that chickens are not guineas. When the first breeding season happens the guineas revert to their instincts. Their behavior is entirely different from any other poultry. They start treating the chickens the same way they treat each other and can cause great stress to the chickens.
My guinea are 5 months old.how old would they be to sext them

Back
Top Bottom