Marans chicks- mystery colors and gender? Wheaten?

everythingjane

In the Brooder
10 Years
Mar 8, 2009
Northern Indiana
I had the chance to get some odd colored chicks that hatched from black copper marans and they were so pretty I couldn't resist... I'm trying to determine if they are a recognizeable color or just pretty sports who should lay dark eggs.. Hopefully they are all pullets??.. The smallest/youngest is a little harder to tell both gender and color (pics farther down)...
The white/columbian colored one is a Marans/Ameraucana.
In this first photo, are the two in front wheaten marans?

24471_newchicks1.jpg

I'm really confused about this little blue based chick on the right in the next two photos.. Also out of Black/blue copper marans.. My only guesses are maybe an overly copper blue or a blue wheaten (if it's a rooster)?
This one is younger than the others.. not exactly sure on their ages..
24471_chicks3.jpg

24471_chicks2.jpg

Besides color, are genders apparent?
Thanks!

The one on the far right appears to be a blue wheaten and looks like a cockerel; the others look like pullets to me.
smile.png

UPDATE:

The two lighter browns are Wheatens hens. I recently took photos of the blue based one because he's still a mystery.
I had thought he was blue wheaten, but I think his chest would be blue instead of brown?

Any ideas?
24471_mysteryroo.jpg

24471_mysteryroo2.jpg

24471_mysteryroo3.jpg

I think he is blue-copper.He has one shot E-birchen and one wheaten.This make him more brown on the chest.

Back
Top Bottom