Marks on eggs

Ivoryone

Chirping
Feb 20, 2021
Salt Lake City, Utah
My chicken Henna has been ever faithful in egg laying and hers are light tan with speckled spots. For the last several weeks her eggs have had various sizes of these brown spots which are rough to the touch. Does anyone know what this means and if I need to take additional steps to try to address this issues? It doesn't seem normal to me.
20210411_073156.jpg
20210411_073156.jpg

It could possibly be a calcium build up on the egg. Or it could be a deficiency. Something like that to chance the texture of the egg. Are those spots on the egg thinner/thicker than the rest of the shell?

It could possibly be a calcium build up on the egg. Or it could be a deficiency. Something like that to chance the texture of the egg. Are those spots on the egg thinner/thicker than the rest of the shell?
they are thicker and rough the circular brown spot. The speckles are smooth which she always has had on her shells.

they are thicker and rough the circular brown spot. The speckles are smooth which she always has had on her shells.
Is the shell thicker or thinner at the dark spot when you break the egg open to eat.
Is the shell porous at the dark spot, candling should show porosity.
Probably just a glitch in the shelling gland,
and the brown coating soaks in more in that spot.

She may always lay like that, or it could clear up.
How old is she, in months...and how long has she been laying?

As long as she eating/drinking/pooping/moving around OK,
I'd not worry.

Is the shell thicker or thinner at the dark spot when you break the egg open to eat.
Is the shell porous at the dark spot, candling should show porosity.
Probably just a glitch in the shelling gland,
and the brown coating soaks in more in that spot.

She may always lay like that, or it could clear up.
How old is she, in months...and how long has she been laying?

As long as she eating/drinking/pooping/moving around OK,
I'd not worry.
She is around 14 months. I bought her last July, and she was producing eggs then. Since last July, she has been laying around10 months, an egg every day faithfully. The eggs didn't have these brown pebbly spots on the one end until as I stated earlier about 3 weeks now. They also vary in size, etc. She is functioning okay with her daily routine of eating, drinking, pooping, moving around. So I guess I will monitor her to see if this clears up, as I know she is getting all the proper nutrition and care. Thank you for your response.

She is around 14 months. I bought her last July, and she was producing eggs then. Since last July, she has been laying around10 months, an egg every day faithfully. The eggs didn't have these brown pebbly spots on the one end until as I stated earlier about 3 weeks now. They also vary in size, etc. She is functioning okay with her daily routine of eating, drinking, pooping, moving around. So I guess I will monitor her to see if this clears up, as I know she is getting all the proper nutrition and care. Thank you for your response.
Any other birds having this issue?
What breed is she?

And is it spring or fall where you are?
Where in this world are you located?
Climate, and time of year, is almost always a factor.
Please add your general geographical location to your profile.
It's easy to do, and then it's always there!
1618242154430.png

Back
Top Bottom