Mated pair turned aggressive

DLD

Hatching
Nov 19, 2020
My male and female white doves have lived peacefully together for 2 years. They’re been affectionate with each other and peaceful. They go thru very elaborate and prolonged mating rituals and take turns sitting on the eggs. Until now. He broke one of the eggs in her last batch and now she won’t let him near the nest. Pecks at him like she means business. He used to tolerate her grouchiness but now he’s had it. He’s determined to get in the nest and they fight like they’re trying to kill each other, holding on to each other’s throats with their bills, wrestling, batting at each other. I’ve had to separate them. Can this marriage be helped?

My male and female white doves have lived peacefully together for 2 years. They’re been affectionate with each other and peaceful. They go thru very elaborate and prolonged mating rituals and take turns sitting on the eggs. Until now. He broke one of the eggs in her last batch and now she won’t let him near the nest. Pecks at him like she means business. He used to tolerate her grouchiness but now he’s had it. He’s determined to get in the nest and they fight like they’re trying to kill each other, holding on to each other’s throats with their bills, wrestling, batting at each other. I’ve had to separate them. Can this marriage be helped?
Hope someone has experience with this! This sounds like a crzy experience!

Are you positive he isnt 'feeding' her?

Also if birds are fighting it's best to separate them and not to let them be mates.
I had a cock that I had to cull because he became too aggressive to the point that he broke 3 of my hens necks! And killed 2 babies. Dont wait like I did and he ends up killing some of your good birds. Once they start to act up, it's very hard to get them to stop.

Back
Top Bottom