Meat pheasants?

4yearsofchickens

Songster
Sep 22, 2020
South Central Pennsylvania
I am thinking about raising meat chickens sometime in the future (not sure when yet) and my brother mentioned that he wants to grow meat pheasants...is that a thing? If so, could they be raised with my meat chickens? And what is their butchering age? Like, could they be butchered at the same time? My main worries are bullying- will the chickens bully the pheasants or vice versa? And feeding- do they need a different feed? Also I'm afraid I'll get stuck taking care of them bc my brother isn't exactly a farmer😆 If anyone has done this please give me your thoughts and experiences. I would be raising them in a chicken tractor on the grass. I wasn't sure where to post this so I'll put it on the pheasants forum too but I want as much feedback as possible. Thanks in advance!😁

There are larger than usual sized Pheasants that are considered as "Meat Type" but they are far far away from Meat Type Chickens, when your CornishX reach Butchering time(about 4-6 weeks) your "Meat Type" Pheasants will still be chirping and looking like baby chicks

There are larger than usual sized Pheasants that are considered as "Meat Type" but they are far far away from Meat Type Chickens, when your CornishX reach Butchering time(about 4-6 weeks) your "Meat Type" Pheasants will still be chirping and looking like baby chicks
Okay thanks! I'll let him know..I think it was just a passing thought for him anyway..prob once he realized the work he'd not be so excited😆

Back
Top Bottom