Michigan Chickenstock awesome food - share recipes thread

MI chickens

In the Brooder
8 Years
Apr 21, 2011
Zeeland, Michigan
Wow, what a lot of great food we had at MI chickenstock this year. I thought maybe we might be able to taste that yummy food all year if we shared the recipes.
tongue.png

I brought several, but here is one to start.

Lime Fruit Fluff.
Stir together:
1 large container cottage cheese
1 small box jello (I used lime.)
Add in chopped fruit. (I used 1 qt of home canned pears and pineapple tidbits 1 15 oz can.) You can add 1 - 3 cans of any kind of fruit that tickles your fancy.
You can let sit overnight at this point (but don't have to) and a couple of hours before serving fold in -
Cool Whip (I used about 12 oz. Amount can vary, get more "fluffy" the more you put in.)
This is very versatile as you can vary the jello flavors and fruit. Lemon, lime and orange are my family's favorites, but I've done them all. We change out the colors to match holiday colors.

Please, please share some of your recipes. My daughter loved the bars with coconut in the middle and chocolate top. Hint Hint
smile.png
The bean and corn salad was great. I really enjoyed all the different salads. What a variety there was! Thanks everyone for all the work you went to making all that awesome food!
clap.gif

Back
Top Bottom