Minimum height for enclosure?

DuckMyLife8

Chirping
Apr 7, 2020
New future duck owner, planning my coop and trying to keep as low a profile as possible (neighborhood rules). My design is an open sided run in shed style coop attached to a wood and hardware cloth run with a hardware cloth top. The enclosure will have a gate for the ducks and the top of the enclosure and coop will be liftable so I can get in to clean. They will not have a pond in the enclosure. The ducks will be out during the day either free ranging or in a taller moveable wire chicken tractor type enclosure where they will have their little pond to play in and can stretch their wings.

What is the minimum height I should make the main coop/enclosure? I was thinking 30", would that be comfortable? Will be having Cayugas and Buffs. Thanks!

@Ratchnick is right! Don't build a coop that you can't stand up in or you will be very sorry. Also, another mistake we made was not wiring it with electricity. It's very hard to clean out a coop holding a flashlight!

All that has been corrected except for the short coop but that can't be remedied without major work.

Back
Top Bottom