Misshapen Eggs - Paper Mache

That is typical of a hen that has at some point been infected with infection bronchitis. Was she ever sick when you owned her?
More calcium, she’s NOT getting enough to form hard good quality shells and it could be very dangerous for your birds. That’s why your shell looks all shriveled up. Is it also squishy? If it is, it’s definitely a calcium issue..
I make sure that my girls get adequate calcium. I’ve dropped their eggs on the sand before without them breaking. I throw back one egg for every dozen they lay so they can eat them… Sometimes I have to throw them on the ground two or three times in order for them to break. You want strong quality shells like that for your girls to be in good health.

More calcium, she’s NOT getting enough to form hard good quality shells and it could be very dangerous for your birds. That’s why your shell looks all shriveled up. Is it also squishy? If it is, it’s definitely a calcium issue..
I make sure that my girls get adequate calcium. I’ve dropped their eggs on the sand before without them breaking. I throw back one egg for every dozen they lay so they can eat them… Sometimes I have to throw them on the ground two or three times in order for them to break. You want strong quality shells like that for your girls to be in good health.
A calcium deficiency did not cause the egg shell the OP posted about. Extra calcium isn't going to fix the issue.

Back
Top Bottom