Missing duck

Eboger

Hatching
Mar 9, 2022
Hi guys , my name is Shane . I am new to the group. I had rescued 3 ducklings in my backyard . I live on the bay . The ducks stayed in my fenced in backyard and I had a small pool they seemed very content . They were about a year old . About a month ago, a possum killed 2 of my ducks and left a lonely female . I put a mirror in with her, while I was trying to get a couple of more new ducks for company . About a week go, 2 wild mallards (a pair) flew into my backyard and she flew over the fence and joined them. She is a Appleyard and cannot fly very well. She would go into bay with these other ducks but never seemed to go very far. About a week ago she left with the mallards , they returned. She did not. I rush home everyday hoping she has returned but no luck. Has this happened to anyone? She is domesticated and I don’t see her surviving very long in the wild .

Attachments

• AC113B20-1500-4032-A428-1511C4CD1F66.jpeg
    AC113B20-1500-4032-A428-1511C4CD1F66.jpeg
    519.4 KB · Views: 23
Hello, Shane, and :welcome. She may have found some more domestic ducks to flock with or she may have been taken by a predator.

Hi Shane, sorry about your duck. If it's been a week since she's been gone I feel like it's not likely you'll see her again. I'm so sorry. ☹️

Back
Top Bottom