Mister Run Time

Sefirothe

On A Clucking Adventure
Premium Feather Member
Feb 1, 2023
Scranton, PA
Like everyone else, this summer has been grossly hot here. Our relative humidity can be high or low depending on if it rained lately or not, but I still picked up some misters for the chicken run figuring it couldn't hurt.

I have a Wi-Fi timer for the hose that I can program to run how ever I want.

How long do you guys recommend running a couple misters? Do you leave them run all the time or something like on for 15 minutes off for an hour?

Like everyone else, this summer has been grossly hot here. Our relative humidity can be high or low depending on if it rained lately or not, but I still picked up some misters for the chicken run figuring it couldn't hurt.

I have a Wi-Fi timer for the hose that I can program to run how ever I want.

How long do you guys recommend running a couple misters? Do you leave them run all the time or something like on for 15 minutes off for an hour?
Honestly, it depends on the mister, as some put out more or less water. I would turn it on and watch to see how much water they put out. You don’t want to flood the run, but you don’t want the water to dry up in half an hour either. You may have to set them to run for a while, then turn off, then run some more.

Honestly, it depends on the mister, as some put out more or less water. I would turn it on and watch to see how much water they put out. You don’t want to flood the run, but you don’t want the water to dry up in half an hour either. You may have to set them to run for a while, then turn off, then run some more.
Our weather cooled off so I haven't installed them yet. The girls are in a temporary grow out pen and we'll be getting their permanent shed/coop in a couple weeks. I'm trying to hold off until they are in their permanent set up! Thankfully the weather is cooperating so far.

I'll do a couple trials on them when I do have it set up!

Back
Top Bottom