Mold and peeling duck beak

Reasmith14

Hatching
May 9, 2023
My 2 runner ducks about 4 or 5 months old have peeling beaks and one is developing the green dots and some green lines on her beak. Are they missing any key nutrients or is there a change in environment needed?

Attachments

• IMG_6893.jpeg
    IMG_6893.jpeg
    694.4 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG_6894.jpeg
    IMG_6894.jpeg
    530.7 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_6873.jpeg
    IMG_6873.jpeg
    466.5 KB · Views: 8
I've never seen my Runners bill's peel but I
IMG_2950.jpeg
did have one that had her bill get green on it. I believe that is due to hormone changes.
I have seen others ask about peeling bills and the reply was it's normal and nothing to worry about. What are you feeding them including treats and any supplements?
:welcome

I've never seen my Runners bill's peel but IView attachment 3500085 did have one that had her bill get green on it. I believe that is due to hormone changes.
I have seen others ask about peeling bills and the reply was it's normal and nothing to worry about. What are you feeding them including treats and any supplements?
:welcome
We are pretty new to this, so they are on pellets and get bananas and leafy green so far. Any guidance would be helpful :)

You could put some type of antibiotic ointment on it since they dunk their heads so often the ointment will stay on longer. And put it on when time for bed that way they will be sleeping and not playing in water and it would be on overnight.
As for feed. is this an all flock feed? or layer? starter?
Keep treats at 10% of the daily feed since they get most of their nutrients from their feed. They will start laying soon so you'll want to put oyster shell in a bowl separate from their feed so they can keep their calcium levels up for strong egg shells.
Looking at your pictures again could they be shoving their bills under fencing etc and rubbing their bills? It looks like both sides of their bills are affected?

Back
Top Bottom