Molting but desperately broody...

LinzeeBrie

Songster
Apr 13, 2018
Okanagan, BC, Canada
Oh my poor girl. She looks a hot MESS from her molt - pinfeathers everywhere... She so desperately wants to hatch babies, my (mild so far) attempts to break her have been futile... I do have a good stash of fertilized eggs that I'd LOVE to hatch, but it just doesn't seem like it would be very fair to her?! Molting PLUS brooding seems awfully taxing, don't you think? Strange that it's even happening in the first place....

Thoughts?

I've got a few acting broody while molting too. It's been a strange year. I personally wouldn't let on set as she could break at anytime, or abandon eggs, or chicks. It just depends on how much you are able to step in if that happens.

I've got a few acting broody while molting too. It's been a strange year. I personally wouldn't let on set as she could break at anytime, or abandon eggs, or chicks. It just depends on how much you are able to step in if that happens.
She's always been my most determined broody, and I've never allowed her to actually hatch, but she has successfully adopted day olds a couple times... I figured I'd let her give it a try this time, and I do have an incubator on hand in case it goes south :) Will just try to keep her protein intake up as much as possible I guess! Here's her new digs :)

Attachments

• IMG_20200831_135106.jpg
    IMG_20200831_135106.jpg
    716.1 KB · Views: 2

Back
Top Bottom