Momma Muscovy killing babies

Legouffe

In the Brooder
Feb 10, 2020
I have two Muscovy mother's who hatched ducklings about a week apart ending Tuesday. I relocated the first mother(cinder) and babies to a new pen, I've tried to move the second mother(Maisie) and babies in and she refuses to stay in the pen with her babies. Cinder attacks Maisie and has now killed two of her ducklings. Why is she doing this and how I can make them coexist in the pen we just finished for them?

My Muscovy do not like to share space with another mama and her ducklings. Can you split the pen so you’ll have one on one side one on the other. I have to keep my mamas and duckling separates from each other until the moms begin to lose interest which is between 3-5 weeks.

My Muscovy do not like to share space with another mama and her ducklings. Can you split the pen so you’ll have one on one side one on the other. I have to keep my mamas and duckling separates from each other until the moms begin to lose interest which is between 3-5 weeks.

Hmm I'll have to give that a try, we have the top section opened so the adults can fly in and out. I'm guessing I'd have to close the tops?

Back
Top Bottom