Moving a broody silkie

NoNeck

In the Brooder
Nov 16, 2022
Hi! I have a silkie that's gone broody. I do not want to break her broodiness as she is an amazing mother. Yesterday I moved her into a separate coop so she doesnt get confused with all the other eggs around etc.
She just keeps walking around making her clucking sound and shes not accepting the broody coop. Shes been in this coop before when she hatched another batch of eggs. Any ways i can help her accept and to just sit on the eggs. I have put 2 dummy eggs inside to entice her... but not working.

Hi! I have a silkie that's gone broody. I do not want to break her broodiness as she is an amazing mother. Yesterday I moved her into a separate coop so she doesnt get confused with all the other eggs around etc.
She just keeps walking around making her clucking sound and shes not accepting the broody coop. Shes been in this coop before when she hatched another batch of eggs. Any ways i can help her accept and to just sit on the eggs. I have put 2 dummy eggs inside to entice her... but not working.
Honestly, if you want your hen to maybe stay broody just let her stay in the other coop. Silkies are smart mama's when it comes to their babies. Just keep the water and food close so she doesn't have to get confused with the other eggs.

Back
Top Bottom