Multiple Deaths

MyLife4Him

In the Brooder
Apr 13, 2022
I have read through quite a few of the chicken death posts, but none are quite the same as mine. I have three generations of chickens. The oldest ones are about 7 years old. I have only had two deaths in those seven years. However, in the last couple of weeks I have had three deaths. Could this be due to the chickens all being the same age? The chickens are distinct that the first generation were all black and white. The second gen were banded, the third are multicolor. The only chickens that have died so far are black and white. I see no issues with any of the chickens except one that has missing neck feathers, but then they do molt. All are eating just fine and are laying eggs steadily. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

I have read through quite a few of the chicken death posts, but none are quite the same as mine. I have three generations of chickens. The oldest ones are about 7 years old. I have only had two deaths in those seven years. However, in the last couple of weeks I have had three deaths. Could this be due to the chickens all being the same age? The chickens are distinct that the first generation were all black and white. The second gen were banded, the third are multicolor. The only chickens that have died so far are black and white. I see no issues with any of the chickens except one that has missing neck feathers, but then they do molt. All are eating just fine and are laying eggs steadily. Any thoughts would be appreciated.
Your theory sounds very probable. You could have a necropsy done for your peace of mind. I am still new at this, but just from talking with a friend, each breed seems to have a life expectancy. She said her ISA browns just die around 3 - 3.5 yrs. old.

Back
Top Bottom