Muscovy ducklings...any tips?

Thank you! Chocolate and black was what I was hoping! I have them brooding in a tub with sides a foot-foot and a half tall. Will they be able to jump out of that?

I know some of my khaki Campbell ducks have been able to do that. They were older, but they are not know for being able to jump out of brooders. I believe they can at a younger age. The people I can think of that would know for sure haven't been on lately.

being able jumping out of brooders
climb real good too

Raised mine from a day or two old and can confirm both of these claims. They are incredibly smart too and capable of finding ways to do or get what they want. Daffy was able to figure out how to use the feeder by jumping on it first to reach the top of her brooder that was 16" tall at 1 month old.

Last edited:
Raised mine from a day or two old and can confirm both of these claims. They are incredibly smart too and capable of finding ways to do or get what they want. Daffy was able to figure out how to use the feeder by jumping on it first to reach the top of her brooder that was 16" tall at 1 month old.
They are amazingly smart! I recently got 5-6 week old ones that had never used a coop. Within two days they were putting themselves to bed. My older ones look for ways to not go to bed 🙄

They are amazingly smart! I recently got 5-6 week old ones that had never used a coop. Within two days they were putting themselves to bed. My older ones look for ways to not go to bed 🙄
I can't stress how happy I am that I trained mine to go to bed on command from the first day they moved out from their brooder inside to their new home outside. No fuss, no hesitation, and great when I need to leave the house for a little bit since I never leave them outside of their run unsupervised.

Back
Top Bottom