Muscovy hinny pipping issues

sbolerjack

Songster
Sep 19, 2022
Southwest Alabama
I have five Muscovy hinny eggs that have pipped right on time. One pipped today, and when it did, I noticed brown liquid oozed out of it. It is still moving and appears to be zipping. From what I’ve read, I doubt it will make it. Has anyone else experienced this? 😢

I have five Muscovy hinny eggs that have pipped right on time. One pipped today, and when it did, I noticed brown liquid oozed out of it. It is still moving and appears to be zipping. From what I’ve read, I doubt it will make it. Has anyone else experienced this? 😢
I am going to hope that this is either dried blood or poop. But, yes, I had this happen with a chicken. It was a bacterial infection. When he hatched brown liquid was everywhere and he was very weak. I put him down. It seemed the kindest thing to do. FYI, I cleaned my incubator but had poor hatches the next two hatches. Eventually, everything went back to normal.

I had a horrible incubator hatch once where the eggs were filled with brown goo. It was sticky like glue too.. nothing lived.
I assumed it was a humidity issue but I'm not really sure 💁🏼‍♀️

Can we see pics when you have time? And Congrats too
Thanks! These are about the ugliest ducklings I have ever seen(so ugly that they are cute), and they are already stirring up trouble. The egg in front of them is pipping, and they act like they are playing kickball with it. 🤦🏻‍♀️🤣🤣😳

Attachments

• IMG_9540.jpeg
    IMG_9540.jpeg
    358.4 KB · Views: 4
The brown goo is usually from too high of humidity during the last two thirds of incubation. I've only had a problem with it once but it isn't good. They drown in the liquid as soon as they pip into the air cell, or shortly following pipping. I've never had it as a one off. What did the eggs look like of the ones that hatched? The only way I could save any of mine was sucking the brown goop out and assisting. It glues them to the inside of the shell essentially and the goop stays caked on them for days.

Back
Top Bottom