My 8 week chicks are suddenly fighting. What to do?

Rohan2425

In the Brooder
Dec 27, 2023
Dhaka, Bangladesh
So, I had previously made a post about two of my chicks dying with one being sick and all. And everybody was very helpful about it. Especially Debbie.

Now a new issue arose from the ground. My broiler chicks are suddenly fighting each other. The one with the larger comb, keeps initiating mostly. The rest of the two don't fight that much but after I brought the larger comb one out, even they started fighting. The black Sonali breed is chill, doesn't engage

Please check the video. And sorry for me mixing accents and even making grammatical errors lol. I tend to do that under stress

So, I had previously made a post about two of my chicks dying with one being sick and all. And everybody was very helpful about it. Especially Debbie.

Now a new issue arose from the ground. My broiler chicks are suddenly fighting each other. The one with the larger comb, keeps initiating mostly. The rest of the two don't fight that much but after I brought the larger comb one out, even they started fighting. The black Sonali breed is chill, doesn't engage

Please check the video. And sorry for me mixing accents and even making grammatical errors lol. I tend to do that under stress

My two silkie pullets did that when their two brothers weren’t around it became a problem when I had to give the two boys away. I put them in with my other chickens and that helped. I hope you can get help!!!

They probably need more room at this point. Are you still providing extra heat? Best if they can get out and spend their energy exploring a bigger area. Some dominance fighting is normal at that age, but I've never seen it so intense.

Back
Top Bottom