My 9 day old Chicks! (Pic Heavy)

TipsyDog

Songster
10 Years
May 14, 2009
Aregua, Paraguay
Here are a few pictures of my chicks. They are 9 days old today and I got them all from Meyer Hatcheries and they are all doing very well so far. This is the first time I've ever had chickens so I'm having way too much fun!
celebrate.gif

2 RIR, 2 BR, 2 Brown Leghorns and 1 Silver Spangled Hamburg. The coop is coming along and is about 60% done. Waiting for the rain to pass so I can finish the painting and trim and then the rest of the run. Thanks for looking!!

31358_chicks_may_09_029.jpg

31358_chicks_may_09_035.jpg

31358_chicks_may_09_038.jpg

31358_chicks_may_09_044.jpg

Quote:
i have to say, that is one of the BESt, COOLEST, BEST OF THE BEST brooders i have EVER SEEN!!!!!! WOW!!! is that a dust bathing square?? what is it made of??

The brooder is a really big box with 1x3 pine nailed together for a dust (sand) bath and a perch. The bedding is pellets.

I had them in a smaller plastic tub on wood shavings with paper towels on top but they started scatching and got the pine shavings in the food, water and everywhere else so I switched to the pellets. Its MUCH cleaner now.

Every night they get a plate of wet mash which they love and clean out. Thankfully they are all doing pretty well so far!

Back
Top Bottom