My albinos at 1 week old

FloorCandy

Crowing
Apr 15, 2020
The albinos don’t seem to be hindered in any way, they are feathering and growing normally and seem to be able to see. They run from me when I try to pick them up, just like the rest. I haven’t needed to make special adjustments for them or anything. I have a non albino silver that’s definitely a bit off and one leg is shorter than the other. I haven’t done anything for him other than nutridrench after hatch, I thought for sure he would slow down and start to falter, and I would cull him, but he wobbles around with pep and vigor, even though he’s a runt and the rest are bigger and more feathered. I’ve left the lid food bowl in for him, but even the albinos use the storage container with head holes cut out.

Here are the 2 albinos with the biggest, most feathered of the group, the albinos are as big or bigger than most of the others and are feathering at the normal rate.
C0E2DC99-3259-4444-A966-A9C4378D54A0.jpeg

some red eye close ups, it’s hard to photograph them because I keep them in low light to protect their eyesight.
F6319014-7D39-4FE6-A972-2D53673ED891.jpeg
0CDF1106-98E6-454F-B28B-9AE7E4A984D7.jpeg

The albinos don’t seem to be hindered in any way, they are feathering and growing normally and seem to be able to see. They run from me when I try to pick them up, just like the rest. I haven’t needed to make special adjustments for them or anything. I have a non albino silver that’s definitely a bit off and one leg is shorter than the other. I haven’t done anything for him other than nutridrench after hatch, I thought for sure he would slow down and start to falter, and I would cull him, but he wobbles around with pep and vigor, even though he’s a runt and the rest are bigger and more feathered. I’ve left the lid food bowl in for him, but even the albinos use the storage container with head holes cut out.

Here are the 2 albinos with the biggest, most feathered of the group, the albinos are as big or bigger than most of the others and are feathering at the normal rate.
View attachment 2712523

some red eye close ups, it’s hard to photograph them because I keep them in low light to protect their eyesight.
View attachment 2712524View attachment 2712525
They're SO beautiful ❤️ :hugs

Took some fresh pics when I cleaned the brooder yesterday. They’re doing great, they still seem able to see, and are big and healthy looking. They’re about 10 days old here:
859310D0-661C-4D62-9165-C196D9632626.jpeg
A9E5CA48-D127-42A5-933E-4CB29FE2056F.jpeg

Fiance is a every animal ever albino fanatic can't wait to see if you can get a healthy albino line going

Back
Top Bottom