My babies "gobbled" for the first time today!

Crickett

Songster
10 Years
Apr 9, 2009
Heart of Dixie
They are only about a month old. I went to feed them breakfast and three of them Gobbled at me! It was so sweet! Albert (my favorite) still peeps though. He sings to me in peeps! Albert is safe from the table!

Awwwww, that sounds so cute! I love turkeys! So glad he is safe "from the table"! Have fun!
thumbsup.gif

Isn't it cute when they gobble when they're still so young? I have 13 ten week old poults in a coop/pen near our barn... every time something "new" happens near their coop I get a chorus of gobbles.

Good going, Albert.... it's pet status for you! I'll be picking out 2 sets of breeders from the Midget Whites and Bourbon Reds... they'll also be safe from the table. Trying, emphasis on trying, to stay detached from the others so I don't wind up with 13 pet turkeys!

Have you posted pics of your poults?

Not able to post pics, camera issues
sad.png
but I have another question. Someone told me that if the poults "gobble" that means they are toms. Is that true? And if it is, what do the females say?

gobbles are a sure fire male

females cluck, yelp, cutt, purr

if albert didnt gobble yet and the others are...maybe the name should be alberta that sounds like a girls name, right?

I'm guessing Albert is now Alberta. And Gloria will have to be George, he was gobbling at me. The three that gobbled also have little pink "bumps" on their heads. Is that the waddles? It looks sort of like a little wart or pimple.

Back
Top Bottom