My brother needs stitches!!

ticks

Pheasant Obsessed
11 Years
Apr 1, 2008
The Sticks, Vermont
My older brother today was playing baseball with rocks. He was at his friends house when it happened. A rock hit him just above the eyebrow. He was lucky he didn't get an eye poked out. He took off the ban-daid today because my parents obviously needed to see it. I happend to glance over at it, and oh it was bad. It is not very long maybe 1/2-3/4 of an inch. But the problem was it was deep. He is off to the ER right now. let's hope he doesn't need stiches! About two stitches would cover it up. He even asked my parents : can I play baseball tomorrow!? what a tough kid!

OUCH!!!! Poor kid. They probably won't do stitches since it is on his face....scars worse. They like to use steri strips and such. Hope he heals quick.

Last edited:
I had to get stiches once on my eyebrow when I was 5 or 6. I remeber it well. I kept yelling to my mom not to let them hurt me. I struggled so much they had to put me in a straight jacket but did not tie it all the way. I remember after that it all went white and the procedure was done.

He'll be just fine! My boys do stuff like that all of the time.
hmm.png
They even play baseball with a board and rocks. Last time one of my boys needed stitches right above their eyebrow, the ER used glue. Yep! Glue! I would have rather they used stitches because I don't think it held together as well as if they would've stitched it and the scaring would've been more minimal, but it was definitely easier pain wise for my son. He'll be back home all put back together here in a little while!
smile.png

Last edited:
Wow, what a ka-winky-dink.
My 4 year old son was sent to his room on Sunday for putting 1 of my Buff Orphingtons in a cooler (ice chest) on the back porch. My wife found her in it about 30 minutes later, she's alright. Well he threw a temper tantrum when he was sent to his room (he would rather have a spanking) and went to jump up on his bed and hit his eye on the footboard of the bunkbed. He got a nice cut on his eyelid and had to go to the ER and he got 4 stitches. His is just under the eyebrow at the top of his eyelid. I was on the road comming back from a family reunion in Oklahoma when she called me from the ER.
My wife took out 2 of the stitches today and he wouldn't let her take out the other 2 so she is going to wait till he is asleep tonight to take out the others.

Jayare

Hope he's ok. I had to have 4 stitches in my finger when I was 16 cause I cut my finger with a knife by accident. I tried to hide it from my parents but it bled so fast through the band-aid they saw it and made me go get stitches. It needed them as it was too deep to heal well without them.

They also use staples. My six year old had to have one on his head last year. After he got over the pain and the wait in the ER, he was going around showing everyone the "stable" in his head. He was so proud!!!

Hope your brother is okay.

I've had face stitches 5 times since I was 5 y.o. (over thirty now) The first was by far the worst. A schnauzer got hold of me. Since then it's been reconstructive surgeries, collision with pavement, and most recently a piece of aluminum brake metal to the upper lip. Upper lips are exceedingly sensitive, no wonder it was one of Sensei's favourite spots for a strike. It really is amazing how fast the wounds heal. He'll be up and doing stupid things in no time at all. That's how it worked for me anyway.
tongue.png

Back
Top Bottom