My Chick is unable to stand or walk

grimresa

Chirping
Apr 4, 2024
Hi, I posted last week about my little disabled chick. I tried using the hobbler but it seems her problem is not the leg spreading out, but she seems to have no ability to balance her body. When she does take a step it's a three step run with her feathers flapping and she runs in a circle before falling onto her side. We have tried building "corrals" for her to walk through so she can practice walking. Her legs are strong. They are not giving out on her. She just tips to one side or the other and front to back, so that she needs to be supported when she eats and drinks. I've been bringing her to work with me every day, but I don't think I'll get away with that long term. I need to be able to leave her for the day and not worry about her getting injured or sick. I want to see her survive and have a happy life, but I want to make sure I am acting in her best interest and not mine. Thank you for any advice you can offer :)

Have you given her any vitamins?
I just started giving her Poultry Cell. One ounce per one gallon of water. That's what I give them to drink. I was wondering if i should give her a more concentrated dose of the Poultry Cell. But I don't want to OD her on it or cause more injury. We are building her a tunnel out of legos (despair) because she can walk when she is supported on both sides. The problem with that is she tips front and back too. She's like a drunken sailor. I don't think she's getting enough to eat because she can't eat or drink unless someone is holding her upright. How long can she go between feedings? I feel like I have a newborn!

It's hard to od on B vitamins, can you get some b complex tablets? Crush them and mix them with the egg yolk.
I'm not sure how often.
What strength of B complex? Is there someone who can verify how much to give her? And cooked or raw egg yolk?

What strength of B complex? Is there someone who can verify how much to give her? And cooked or raw egg yolk?
B complex tablets typically are similar in strength. Any brand from the grocery store. You can mix it into the feed, I got you mixed up with another runny chick and though you were syringe feeding

Back
Top Bottom