My chicken is limping

Mayochick

Chirping
Jul 14, 2022
Illinois
My Coop
My Coop
Hello, I have a one year old chicken, and she seems to be limping. She was not doing that yesterday. She’s still eating, and drinking. She does her best to walk around. I have not seen her poop yet. What can I do to help her? I did my best to take a picture of the bottom of her foot. There’s nothing there, no bugs or anything. She’s also in the process of molting, so she’s not really laying eggs.

Attachments

• IMG_0342.jpeg
    IMG_0342.jpeg
    534 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_0341.jpeg
    IMG_0341.jpeg
    504.6 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:
Hello, I have a one year old chicken, and she seems to be limping. She was not doing that yesterday. She’s still eating, and drinking. She does her best to walk around. I have not seen her poop yet. What can I do to help her? I did my best to take a picture of the bottom of her foot. There’s nothing there, no bugs or anything. She’s also in the process of molting, so she’s not really laying eggs.

This is her diet, and I also give them corn for a snack, meal worms and grains scratch

Attachments

• IMG_0345.jpeg
    IMG_0345.jpeg
    693.1 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_0344.jpeg
    IMG_0344.jpeg
    653.8 KB · Views: 7
The picture on the right looks like it could be the start of bumblefoot. Is that truly hard bump on that foot versus nothing on the other one?

Sprains on hens legs happen every once in a while. Jumping off the roost or maybe when the rooster's mounting them, can be the culprit. It usually goes away after a few days if the sprain is not too severe.

Sprains on hens legs happen every once in a while. Jumping off the roost or maybe when the rooster's mounting them, can be the culprit. It usually goes away after a few days if the sprain is not too severe.
My hen has the same thing as the op. I think it's 4 or 5 days now? Is that normal? 😥

She’s usually not the one who jumps on a coop but it could be possible. I don’t have a rooster, but I do have a hen and sometimes she gets aggressive when another hen is in her way. She’s the dominant one, and she tends to go on top of the other hens and poke there head. I’m not sure why she does that, but it’s not often, but this time it was bad. I do my best to give them things to keep them occupied and busy, but I don’t know what got into her this time.

Back
Top Bottom