My chicken layer shelless egg but it was wierd with a trail of empty sack

Beloved Turkey

Chirping
Apr 3, 2023
I found a shell less egg in my chicken coop tonight, but instead of just being in shell less egg, it had like a trail of the sack thing that’s usually right under the shell. I have an idea of who laid it but I don’t know for sure, so I was wondering how serious it is if there’s anything I can do to confirm which chicken it is and if I have to separate them or add something additional to all of the chickens diet’s or what should I do

Attachments

• 9EC5D8F8-AC46-43D4-BFFD-85F17C01ED64.jpeg
    9EC5D8F8-AC46-43D4-BFFD-85F17C01ED64.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 23
It's a soft shelled egg with a tail. The tail is just part of the membrane/soft shell.

How old is she? Do you provide oyster shell free choice?

Sometimes there's just an odd egg every once in a while, a glitch. If this is a one time thing, I wouldn't worry about it.
If it's consistent or you notice a hen acting off/lethargic, droopy, hunched up, not eating/drinking, then there's cause for concern.

It's a soft shelled egg with a tail. The tail is just part of the membrane/soft shell.

How old is she? Do you provide oyster shell free choice?

Sometimes there's just an odd egg every once in a while, a glitch. If this is a one time thing, I wouldn't worry about it.
If it's consistent or you notice a hen acting off/lethargic, droopy, hunched up, not eating/drinking, then there's cause for concern.
Everyone is eating and drinking, I haven’t seen any others and o haven’t seen lethargy. The one i suspect layed it is a little over a year old

Everyone is eating and drinking, I haven’t seen any others and o haven’t seen lethargy. The one i suspect layed it is a little over a year old
Is she getting a layer feed and is there crushed oyster shell available? You might want to give her a human calcium with vitamin D tablet or a Tums orally for a few days.

Back
Top Bottom