My chickens won't eat grains ! need help..

Chickens are consumate professionals of manipulation and guilt. Basically they are sociopaths with eating disorders.
If they think there is the remotest chance of a meal worm, tasty green or similar treat. They would happily flay you alive to get one more bit, if only they had thumbs.

Having said that, they may be craving some animal based aminos. Nothing wrong with getting some meat and bone meal to add to their ferment before feeding. Or some meat and dairy scraps, or even the odd can of tuna or sardines.

Since ive been giving mine some meat and bone meal in their soaked crumble, they are more content I reckon.
Good Idea: Yesterday I added peas and for some reason the curiosity got 4 of 6 of them to eat some. I'm sure some chicken or tuna would be an even better idea. Thanks !

Thinking outside the box;
Worms of some sort 🤷‍♀️- what do their poops look like ? An icky photo would, possibly, help see any internal parasites.
More information 🤷‍♀️ - How long have they been like this ?
More information 🤷‍♀️- When you say they won’t eat their grain, are they eating the rest of the food - corn, pellets etc ?
Some weird illness 🤷‍♀️ - Are they drinking and are you replacing the water everyday with fresh ?
Stress 🤷‍♀️ - How much space do they have ?
Hate to hear of anything like this, of course they may be hanging on for the goodies - they can be precious little s*ds 😂
Hugz
One other question ? Are they laying ?
They seem to only want green veggies or mealy worms. I've been giving the usual amount (an afternoon treat only) hoping they will eat their regular layer feed. Confirming they are not sick at all, all healthy running around with no worries about fresh water, stools normal etc.......I think stress started when the usual brand of food they liked got changed. Since then no eating. When I finally got the original type again it turned out to be mostly powder (wrote an email to the company) so I couldnt fix the matter like i wanted. I'm waiting for the next bag, meanwhile trying so many things. I added raw peas to the fermented feed I made with the powered food and 4 of 6 of them ate it. Will work on adding some meat to it like someone suggested. Meanwhile I had tried multiple different commercial feed brands and none of my girls would eat it. Thanks for your imput !

Back
Top Bottom