My duck is limping...possibly not bumblefoot? help please.

TheDuckCrew

Songster
10 Years
Feb 21, 2009
Connecticut
I was pretty sure it was bumblefoot, until i took another look today. i soaked her foot in epsom salt water then tried to see if i could take off the scab. but when i looked closely, it just seemed like the scab was just dirty skin pieces. i also understand there is a lot of padding on a ducks foot, so it may possibly not be bumblefoot. the "absess" wasn't hot or warm to the touch. it was the same temperature as the rest of her foot. i first thought bumblefoot because she was limping a lot. while i had her caught today, i took some looks at her legs, no scraps, no cuts, no swelling. is there any other reason she could be limping? both of her feet looked the same with padding wise, so i think i was wrong with bumblefoot. is there any other reason she could be limping? her legs are not deformed or anything. any ideas?

Last edited:
please someone help. my ducks are my babies. i love them so much and i just want to do anything and everything i can to help my little girl.

I don't know a whole lot about ducks as I just got mine a month ago but I do belong to a yahoo group called PetDucksRUs and they seem to be very knowledgable.

I hope you find out what's going on with your babies.

HUGSSSSS
Laurie

Back
Top Bottom