My duck nail broken and it's bleeding non stop

Naiva80512

Chirping
Jul 22, 2023
Hi guys my duck broke his nails and it bleeds non stop what should i do?
1000483689.jpg

yah I would rinse it off first then use either sceptic powder if you have any, or corn starch. I think I would hold duck in my lap and pour a handful of the sceptic "stop bleed" powder or cornstarch into the middle of a dry washcloth and hold that on the foot for probably at least 10 minutes than see if it stopped. ( I have heard some ppl even used flour if they hadnt the other things )

then i would put my duck in a clean space so it doesnt get all muddy until it is healing up

yah I would rinse it off first then use either sceptic powder if you have any, or corn starch. I think I would hold duck in my lap and pour a handful of the sceptic "stop bleed" powder or cornstarch into the middle of a dry washcloth and hold that on the foot for probably at least 10 minutes than see if it stopped. ( I have heard some ppl even used flour if they hadnt the other things )
Thx a lot...Can i use saline to rinse it off?

after it stops you can wrap if you want to I use neosporin ointment without the pain relief . then gauze pad. then vet wrap, medical tape, and finally I have some cute duck booties to prosct the webby feets lol i got them but havent used yet

Back
Top Bottom