My First Coturnix Hatches! (Three Weeks Later)

Sykora

Hatching
Mar 13, 2022
I ordered 12 tuxedo hatching eggs from Godfather Farm. I've never hatched eggs before, so I went with the NR 360. It's been exactly 3 weeks and everyone's feathers are coming in nicely! They're all very active and happy and it's been a really pleasant and fun experience to watch them hop around and play. We currently have them in a hutch setup indoors, to protect them from avian flu until it settles down. I really want to make some nice outdoor pens for these guys!

And I have 30 scarlet tuxedo eggs from Myshire that have started pipping right NOW, call me obsessed. :D I really want to work on progressive pied breeding projects, but we'll see where this goes! The first one below is my favorite in terms of genetics, the last one is just not having an easy time with getting their adult feathers in, so I'm trying not to handle them too much.

Just wanted to share!! If you have guesses for color / sex go for it, but I'm pretty sure I'll need to vent sex all of them when they're older. I'm new to this quail nonsense so every bit of help....well, helps! ❤️

Tolaeth.jpg
Sorrel.jpg

Feeorin.jpg

Briar.jpg

BigWig.jpg

Alder.jpg

IMG_2237.jpg

Back
Top Bottom