My gosling is making a nest

Magriet

Songster
Oct 10, 2020
Pretoria, South Africa
Our goslings hatched on 28 September last year. We are basically in autumn now. Now one of the "goslings" is making a nest. We could not understand why the were all making such a racket every night, now we know it must have something to do with this as usually they are very quiet at night.

Of course we are totally unprepared and will have to get some hay of something for her. Last year we made a nice nest for the older goose with all the dead leaves. What do we do now! It is totally the wrong time of year.

Sorry, I am a very bad goose mummy as I battle to distinguish some. Now it looks as though it may be the mom goose, we will have to wait until she gets out. She is very small and it is only possible for me to see if it is her when she is close as she is the same size as some of the goslings. Never the less it is too soon. I would explain why she went to the nest we made her last year except now there is now leaves and grass.

It is mummy and there is an egg!

Last edited:
My goose just kept on laying every other day. They may get upset but it's a fact of life when you have poultry you either take eggs up or you are going to eventually be over run with more than you can care for or land to support them on.

Back
Top Bottom