My hen hasn’t layed in 6 months!!

ZoZoMonkey

In the Brooder
Nov 29, 2020
My 1 year and 2 month old Rhode Island Red hen hasn’t layed an egg in 6months!
she lost one of her other hen friends, and so now it’s just her and my rooster. Why hasn’t she layed an egg in 6months? Can anyone help me please?

I’m not sure exactly what it could be. But I would like to ask you a question. Are there any other hens in your flock? Or is it just her and a rooster? If it’s just her and a rooster it would cause severe over mating problems. Normally its 9+ hens per rooster. The only way I would see around this was if the rooster doesn’t mate the hen, but even then that’s really unlikely. Maybe that could be the cause for her not laying, but I’m not an expert on things like that so I can’t say for sure.

I’m not sure exactly what it could be. But I would like to ask you a question. Are there any other hens in your flock? Or is it just her and a rooster? If it’s just her and a rooster it would cause severe over mating problems. Normally its 9+ hens per rooster. The only way I would see around this was if the rooster doesn’t mate the hen, but even then that’s really unlikely. Maybe that could be the cause for her not laying, but I’m not an expert on things like that so I can’t say for sure.
Thankyou, it’s just her and the rooster but the rooster is going to another home on Friday, then we are going to get some more hens.
Thankyou for your help

Back
Top Bottom