My Impulse Buy is a Bombshell

Lizzy733

Crowing
5 Years
Nov 13, 2018
New Zealand
God, I love being rural and not having a strict limit on my flock anymore.

I'd been on the hunt for a frizzle to add to my flock for months when I found someone local disestablishing their breeding group of one year olds with a very reasonable price per hen, so I impulse bought our latest edition.

No name, little handling, but with silkie genetics, I brought our new girl home and it turns out this girl is a glutton for attention. We've named her Blitzie cause she looks like a bomb went off and she will happily pur in my lap.

As she was in with a roo and our Silkie is about 2 weeks into her brooding cycle, I'm hoping she lays a few fertile eggs I can pop under my girl for some possible sizzle bubbas!

First day of integration has gone well and she's calmed right down from her initial post-arrival tantrum. A few more days of no touch and I'll let her start mingling. No eggs yet - I suspect she may have brooded recently as her breast seems a bit plucked and she's pinning - but fingers crossed!

And here she is, Bombshell Blitzie:
IMG_20220120_154348~2.jpg

God, I love being rural and not having a strict limit on my flock anymore.

I'd been on the hunt for a frizzle to add to my flock for months when I found someone local disestablishing their breeding group of one year olds with a very reasonable price per hen, so I impulse bought our latest edition.

No name, little handling, but with silkie genetics, I brought our new girl home and it turns out this girl is a glutton for attention. We've named her Blitzie cause she looks like a bomb went off and she will happily pur in my lap.

As she was in with a roo and our Silkie is about 2 weeks into her brooding cycle, I'm hoping she lays a few fertile eggs I can pop under my girl for some possible sizzle bubbas!

First day of integration has gone well and she's calmed right down from her initial post-arrival tantrum. A few more days of no touch and I'll let her start mingling. No eggs yet - I suspect she may have brooded recently as her breast seems a bit plucked and she's pinning - but fingers crossed!

And here she is, Bombshell Blitzie:
View attachment 2967436

She's gorgeous!

Back
Top Bottom