My male quail is a racist!

Quote:
I like that suggestion! Canter may be correct also by saying that your brown roo may be mating with your white hen when you're not looking.

Ok try this remove the two color hens for a day, sure like any male he will breed the only hen there even if its a white. the two color hens eggs will still be fertile. same with the white after breeding eggs will be fertile for a week.

That's a good idea. I will see if I have something I can use as a love nest for Snowball and Romeo.

Canter may be correct also by saying that your brown roo may be mating with your white hen when you're not looking.

While this is possible, this would also mean that there is something inherently stronger about the feathers on my white bird. Seriously my 2 browns look like monks with their little bald heads! Their feathers are a mess while Snowball is as smooth as silk.

I may separate them out just to give Keiko and Lucy Lou a chance to not look like unmade beds for a while
tongue.png

Just to give you and idea of how observed these guys are, they are in our den which is where the computers are. One of us is usually here and we tune in to "Quail TV" quite often.​

Sound like he is breeding the brown hen more, you can give them a rest for two days, but their feathers will not grow back.They would need alot longer.. Plus this way you will know which eggs are from the white hen.

Those chicks will not be all white, but will have white patches on most but not all.

Just leave them alone. They are doing fine!!!!!!

Not sure why people can't deal with SAMENESS.

It's not really an emergency. It's just quail being guail. Not sure why people can't deal with that.

It's intellectually insulting to me, to see people answer quail questions, prefaced by (My chickens) (My Turkey) or what ever.
I don't barge into other forums giving advice on birds I do not know, with the totally insulting preface (My Quail) or what ever.

I have see quail, breed some hens more than other, so if you want to make sure he breeds the white hen, just give him that hen, once he starts breeding her then place the others back in.

Back
Top Bottom