My Pet Chicken orders in July

Seconded - I have so much more on hand this time than the first time. I have rooster booster electrolytes and nutri drench this time, last time I had the save a chick electrolyte/probiotic mixes. I'd also recommend glass pebbles for your waterer - to keep them from accidentally falling asleep and drowning. I also made sure to have corid on hand just in case of coccidiosis (you can also order it on amazon). I have a whole slew of chicken first aid on hand now that I didn't have the first time - but you probably don't need to have all that right away. Have you decided if you are going to get medicated or unmedicated feed? Whichever you get, try to make sure it's within 2 months of manufacture - the feed loses nutrition over time.

I'm not sure what your plans are for brooding, but I got a pop up brooder this time and I absolutely love it: https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B017I6Y0W2/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
The first time we used a collapsible pet bathtub and it didn't have mesh sides, so we had to come at them from the top and I think that made them more scared/less friendly than this pop up play pen that lets us come to them from the side mesh door.

We are also using a heat plate brooder.

This time we had issues with the chicks trying to peck each other's eyes constantly - we got more toys/stuff to do for the brooder than we did the first time but it didn't seem to distract them but maybe worth a shot - we got small tennis balls and put red dots on them with marker, also put red dots on cardboard and stood them up around the edges of the brooder, a small table mirror seems to interest them.

Back
Top Bottom